OxKnit

05 April 2008

ISE scarf update

Wednesday was great, I had a day off work and my Denise needles arrived, so the time was right to start on my ISE6 scarf. I've decided to do a striped lengthways seed stitch scarf, knit on a partial bias so that the stripes gradually move across the scarf without actually being diagonal. I'm not sure that the short edge is completely perpendicular to the sides of the scarf but that could be (a) a design feature or (b) disguised with a fringe... My main concern now is the amount of wool that I need, because my knittee lives in a cold climate and has a preference for longer, broader scarves. I'm going to weigh the scarf so far and the amount of wool remaining, to see if I need to try to get hold of some more from the supplier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home